Q3 developed a compound management system with complete inventory of the Lab in MOSS 2007 environment.
Q3's global sourcing model gives the maximum benefit to customers in terms of cost savings, improved quality, access to highly talented professionals, flexibility of operations and reduced time to market.
SharePoint technology includes browser-based collaboration and a document-management platform. These can be used to host websites that access shared workspaces and documents, as well as specialized applications like WiKis and blogs from a browser. SharePoint is targeted as a collaborative workspace, a tool for the management, and automation of business processes, and a platform for social networking.
SharePoint has been tremendously successful for collaboration and intranets, and has emerged as the next generation Web solution. While there are good reasons for the popularity of SharePoint, it is certainly not as friendly and risk-free as many like to think.
The client is a pharmaceutical company and involved in research and development. They are having research labs at various geographical locations, contains chemical compounds stored in many containers.
Client is having their existing web-based applications developed in classic ASP and wanted their complete application in MOSS 2007 environment. They also wanted to integrate one complete product to keep track of all labs. Client wanted graphical reports and searching facilities for all labs. The proposed needed to have a Compound management system with complete inventory of the Lab.
They wanted good security maintained at various locations and users could only login to the permitted locations only.
In addition, the speed of the application was a big concern as the client had huge amount of data worldwide.
- The SharePoint technology experts at Q3 thoroughly studied the client requirements and investigated the various features provided by their existing application. Based on the study a FRS was developed.
- The design team designed the application very carefully based on the functional requirements.
- Q3 involved the QA team from the very beginning to ensure a very good quality and bug free design.
- Q3 assigned a team of Database experts to design the database and reports.
- Q3 setup a team for study of their existing system. The team studied the current system and understood the requirements of the client.
- Q3 realized that the quality of the code and application of the application was very important so a very good review process was implemented to avoid the errors and ensure good optimization of the code.
- A dedicated team of SharePoint experts has been provided to the client with the option of working in flexible hours, if needed.
- The application was designed a sit can keep track of all lab locations, containers which stores compounds and compound information. The application is also responsible for different operations in a lab.
- To be more user friendly for the users the development team implemented GUI based application. From the various location shown on the world’s map a user can click on a particular location and all labs would be available. In a lab user can select different locations and can select containers of different substance. After selecting a container all information related to the container were shown to the user with different options to perform.
- The users were given different options to perform based on the privileges they were having.
- .NET Framework 3.0
- SQL Server 2005.
- Sharepoint Server 2007
- Shorter time to market due to highly flexible business model and work culture at Q3. The client used to get continuous feedback and customization requirements from companies, trade shows, and partners and all this went on during the course of development process. Q3 ensured that these requirements were processed efficiently, well within the allocated timelines.
- Business model and culture at Q3 entails ownership of the development process. It is not only the team members who are dedicated to a client; it is the whole company management, which works in complete tandem and efficiency to ensure that the relationship is seamless and successful.
- Client takes pride in being able to add the customizations of its users in a timely manner and that too at a much lower cost, while the work practice still complies with ISO and SEI CMM standards.