Q3 Technologies is developing a portal on Yoga and healthcare that provides a platform to impart information on Yoga, Ayurveda, Diet & Nutrition, Alternative Medicine and holistic wellness. Although the portal is live, it is currently undergoing enhancements as key features and functionalities are being added.
Q3's global sourcing model gives the maximum benefit to customers in terms of cost savings, improved quality, access to highly talented professionals, flexibility of operations and reduced time to market.
The client belongs to a leading industrial group with interests in machinery, machinery parts, flexible plastic packaging, mechanical sub- contracting, textiles, sewing thread manufacturing and engineering plastics. The group has a presence in more than 60 countries and employs around 2,000 people in India and abroad. The client enjoys tremendous amount of goodwill and reputation on account of its quality standards.
The client is dedicated to collect, validate, and publish trustworthy information and facts about the Indian medical sciences and practices which are globally acceptable.
With this objective, the portal is being built to emphasize that practices of Ayurveda and Yoga cannot be universal for one and all and need to be customized to the needs of an individual user. Using the latest technologies of interactive web communications the portal provides ‘on demand’ high quality consultancy and e-learning on holistic wellness that have been customized and tailor made as per the profile of an individual user. The portal is a platform where users and practitioners can meet, discuss, share views, information etc on good living and aims to remove deep rooted misconceptions and misgivings about Yoga, Ayurveda, and such alternative practices.
As the client wants to update the look and feel of the site and existing functionalities, therefore, showing faith in Q3, the client has provided a partially working website to Q3. Q3 is required to add many new features to the application such as Registration Module, Newsletter Management, Guru Management, Ask an Expert Management, Scheduling Classes, Social Network, Account Management, and many more.
Some of the challenges associated with the project are:
- To coordinate our work with the onsite development team
- Integrate missing functionalities of the existing website
- Upgrade complete look and feel
- Test the existing website
Q3 is providing enhancements in functionalities and designs of the website and will be using a customized model of Drupal Version 6.20 for this project. Q3 has created a story board for the client, which works as the development plan. Q3 along with its dedicated and multi-skilled team of designers and developers will be ensuring that all the requirements of the client are fulfilled in a timely fashion. After the deep study of the client requirements by the experts of Q3’s team of developers and QA’s, the expected results are being driven. The major planned functionalities and enhancements to be implemented in website are as follows:
- Registration Module: With the help of ‘Registration Module’, the users, gurus/experts/consultants, and corporate agents will be able to successfully undergo registration process on the website. The most unique feature of this module will be registration via social networking accounts.
- News letter Management: Allows users to subscribe for the newsletter by placing a request from the front end mode. Only the admin user will have the privilege to add, edit, and delete newsletters from the backend. Also, the admin will be able to view the list of newsletters as well as can send the newsletter to the subscribed users.
- Guru Management: Allows admin to add, edit, and delete gurus having different experience level, goals, and time zone at the backend. At the front end, the Gurus by fulfilling simple Registration process formalities will be able to log-in into the website. A Guru gets a privilege to choose a package from a list of available packages. Guru can also provide the details like their time availability depending upon different packages as available on the site. Gurus can update their profile information and can also have a look at their scheduled classes, and can view the notifications related to the classes as per user’s choice.
- Ask an Expert Management: Expert Management Module focuses on allowing administrator to view the questions as asked by the users and post the required answers as given by the experts.
- Scheduling Classes: ‘Scheduling class Module’ will be available only when a user buys a package. This module will allow a user to search and schedule a class for different gurus as per the available time zones. The user can very well view a list of classes as scheduled by the Gurus. A user can also view the availability of a Guru in a calendar form. Moreover, the user will be allowed to amend the chosen details, if required, like editing and deletion of the scheduled class. Guru will also receive a system generated notification whenever a new class will be scheduled.
- Social Network Account Block Management: Allows admin to add social networking site and display block for the listed page.
- User Profile: This user-friendly module will allow user to view and update profile information. A user can also view different package list and the most recommended packages as per the user enrollment.
- Member Management: Allows admin to add, edit, and delete users. Member management module gives flexibility to the admin to enable and disable users, and update user profile based on the type of user.
- LAMP - Linux CentOS v5 consisting of
- Apache v2.2
- PHP v5
- MySQL v5.0
- phpMyAdmin or similar database management tool
- Adobe Photoshop CS3 and Dream Viewer CS3
- Drupal 6.2 framework
- Increased Profits
- Increases Efficiency
- No restriction of time or location
- Enhanced Designs and Usability
- Integration with Social Networking Sites