Q3 helped Investment Banker achieve Performance and Uptime, retain clients and grow
Q3's global sourcing model gives the maximum benefit to customers in terms of cost savings, improved quality, access to highly talented professionals, flexibility of operations and reduced time to market.
Client provides a wide range of services and information to its international clientele. Offering timely market data and analysis is the key to retaining corporate clients for whom such information can be worth millions and even billions of dollars. To provide an easy way for its clients to securely access valuable data, it developed its Pulse application using Microsoft® Visual Studio® .NET and the .NET Framework, all in just six months. With its excellent performance, Pulse lets clients’ customer access valuable data with just a Web browser anytime and from just about anywhere.
- The investment banking division provides a range of investment bank products and services to European and international clients including corporations, institutions, and governments. It provides a full array of advisory and capital market products including merger-and-acquisition and advisory services, equity and debt underwriting, sales and trading, derivatives, and research. The organization’s market presence is strong in key global sectors such as financial institutions; telecommunications, media, and technology; and energy and power.
- Client adds value by combining the global resources of one of Germany's largest banks with market-leading international expertise. Rapidly changing markets demand complex financial solutions with the global capability to deliver them speedily and safely. Around the world, across different currencies and different products, Client delivers an integrated service focused on excellence because it knows that the quality of its performance is what retains clients. To that end, client wanted to allow companies for whom it acts as brokers to easily and immediately see their share registry information, news, research, and comparisons with peers and market indices.
Number of developers to build application 4
Number of months to build application 6
Number of users 30 corporate clients
Using Microsoft Visual Studio .NET and the .NET Framework, we built and deployed the application. It allows clients to view their share registry information, read relevant news, perform research, and do comparisons with peers and market indices. The application allows corporate clients to see their share movements, registration and price information, and road-show event calendar (when client actively promotes the client to analysts and other investors). It also allows clients to compare themselves with their peers in the same market sector, such as telecommunications or energy.
With nothing more than a Web browser, clients can connect securely to site and have access to valuable information specific to their organization. Providing clients with this kind of service is important to client, as the bank looks to set itself apart from its competition.
- Shorter time to market for the client products by exploiting the benefits of a fully functional Offshore Development Center (ODC) in India, particularly the software development process being continuous due to different time zones.
- Extension of client’s software development teams globally by taking advantage of Q3’s highly flexible Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology.
- Highly enhanced user friendliness through structured search results with links to only relevant databases, saving valuable effort and time.
- Business model and culture at Q3 entails ownership of the software product development process. It is not only the team members who are dedicated to a client; it is the whole company management which works in complete tandem and efficiency to ensure that the relationship is seamless and successful.
- Migration to newer technology was achieved in a very cost effective solution on account of being able to cut down resource costs from average $90,000 to approximately $30,000 per resource.